BALANCE YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 2015
Are you ready to change the world from the inside out?
Yes, it’s possible.
Invest your passion, time and practice for one weekend a month from September 2015-June 2016.
Here is your chance to dive deeper into yoga. This journey of self-study requires courage and commitment. The end result: you are empowered to skillfully teach yoga from the heart.
This Training Is Unique And Empowering
Jessica Blanchard and Mikhayla Harrell are joining forces, interweaving 20+ years teaching to bring you a world-class training.
- Balanced approach to teaching: a unique synergy of alignment-focused, heart-centered yoga with dynamic Ashtanga Vinyasa.
- Master techniques: succinct language, enthusiasm and intelligent sequencing to deliver a class
- Practice safe and effective hands-on adjustments
- Balance your body with food and lifestyle under the guidance of a Registered Dietitian and longtime Ayurvedic practitioner
- Learn from top visiting faculty in anatomy (David Keil) and philosophy (Sudhir Tiwari).
Your Ultimate Journey Of Self-Discovery
- Cultivate inner strength and balance.
- Grow your personal yoga practice of asana, pranayama, meditation.
- Develop inner contentment – regardless of your place or situation.
- Expand your understanding of the physical and subtle anatomy
- Quiet your competitive mind, accept what is, without criticism. Experience what blossoms in yourself from total self-acceptance.
- Learn to discern the important things in life from the distractions .
- Learn to eat and live for optimal health and wellness.
What you will learn
- Safe and skilled teaching techniques
- Principles of applied anatomy for yoga
- Art of sequencing a yoga class
- Hands-on adjustment skills
- How to observe students
- The Art and Mechanics of a well-rounded yoga class
- Pranayama and meditation techniques
- Introduction to Yoga History through key philosophical texts
- The logic and foundation of the Ashtanga Primary Series
- How to modify for individual needs
- How to apply Ayurvedic principles to your diet and lifestyle
- Simple, delicious Ayurvedic recipes
- Correct Sanskrit pronunciation, including the yoga postures
- Basic marketing skills
- Introduction to teaching special populations (prenatal yoga, chair yoga)
Will you be ready to teach?
Teaching yoga is an incredible way to help other people, but that decision is completely up to you. If you have this desire, at the end of the training you can submit a video or schedule a demo class. We will observe and give feedback. Upon completion, you will be eligible for Yoga Alliance’s 200 Hour Teacher’s Certificate.
Will you have teaching opportunities at Balance?
We are excited to provide opportunities for you to sub or teach community classes.
Nine months of in-depth study
Each training weekend will be a mini-retreat where you will directly experience the effects of yoga and its supporting lifestyle. We will provide lunches on Saturdays and Sundays.
5-8pm: Includes Asana, pranayama, meditation infused with the weekend’s philosophical theme.
9:30 am - 11 am: Asana Practice with Mikhayla
11 am - 1 pm: Ayurveda with Jessica
1 pm - 2 pm: Ayurvedic Lunch
2 pm - 3:45 pm: Asana Lab
4 pm -5:00 pm: Discussion Topics – Philosophy, Teaching Principals, Sequencing
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm: Pranayama, & Meditation
8:30 am - 10 am: Asana Practice with Jessica
10:15 am - 11:15 am: Meditation & Pranayama
11:15 am - 12:15 pm: Ayurvedic Lunch
12:15 pm - 2 pm: Applied Anatomy
2:15 pm – 3:15 pm: Asana Lab
3:30 pm -5 pm: Special Topics (guest lectures)
**Note that each weekend format may change based on the content to be covered. Weekends with David Keil & Sudhir Tiwari will follow different formats. You will have assignments/readings to complete outside of class.
September 11-13, 2015
October 10-12 2015
November 20-22, 2015
December 11-13, 2015
January 15-16, 2016, Anatomy with David Keil
February 19-21, 2016
March 11-13, 2016, Philosophy with Sudhir Tiwari
April 8-10 2016
May 13-15, 2016 Closing Weekend Party and Graduation Ceremony
Course Reading List (required)
Light On Yoga, BKS Iyengar
Yoga Mala, Sri K. Patthabi Jois
Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, translation TBD
Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais
Functional Anatomy for Yoga, David Keil
The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy, and Practice, Georg Feurstein
Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Swatmarama
Autobiography of A Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda
Be Here Now, Ram Dass
The Heart of Yoga, Desikachar
Teachings of Ramana Maharshi
Teachings of Ammachi
Invest In Your Future
You offer a unique perspective. Discovering and cultivating your own teaching voice is priceless. Cost includes Teacher Training Manual, nine weekends, and visiting faculty classes.
Early registration: $2700 (deposit and application by June 30, 2015)
Full price: $2900
If you are accepted, please pay a $500 deposit to secure your place. Payments can be made in installments. Payments by credit card are made online here.
Questions? email jessica (at)balanceyogawellness.com or mikhaylaharrell(at)gmail.com
Right now the thought of teaching might seem daunting. We understand, and will be with you throughout the journey. Take a step now. Fill out our 200 Hour Teacher Training Application and let’s start the conversation. Don’t delay because we are limiting the number of students.
Now is the time to get started.
So take that first step.
Apply and talk to us.